This weekend my daughter and I had a wonderful time giving her school worksheets, drawings and our dryer lint new life.
The re-birthing process was messy and wet but we made it out with beautiful paper we can use again.
Check out our collaborative tutorial HERE.
In my studio time this weekend I experimented with cutting lint paper into shapes and combining them with my toxic dot grids. Not sold on it but I’ll keep playing around with the idea.
I also experimented with materials to make my dryer lint paper less absorbent.
I want my toxic copper ink dots to just sit on top instead of soaking in.
I reached out on Instagram and got many recommendations, thank you!
I tried dots of Gesso but the ink dots ran off.
I tried egg whites as DIY sizing but the dots soaked in.
Then I tried workable fixative and it worked!
I would ideally like to find a natural solution but for now I still have a can of workable fixative from college! Feel free to send me another suggestion before my fixative runs out!
I cannot believe it is the third week of my Artist Residency in Motherhood. Time feels fast and slow all at once. I am really enjoying my time here. ❤
Ways to Engage with my Residency
Send me your thoughts!